To ensure Canadian Industries and companies thrive, prosper and lead in the global knowledge based economy
- Developing knowledge management strategies which foster continual improvement and sustainable innovation
- Putting the right knowledge in the hands of the right people at the right time.
- Educating people in new ways of thinking, learning and working
- Demonstrating a return on investment through the creation of new knowledge
- Leading in the development of state of the art learning, technology, training and research methodologies which increase human performance
- Identifying and protecting against critical knowledge loss as a result of workforce attrition
- Ensuring Knowledge Management strategy becomes an integrated, central component of corporate strategy
- Supporting the knowledge needs of the new workforce through better training, learning and professional development
- Providing on-the-job and just-in-time access to a global body of knowledge necessary to improve operational effectiveness, safety and support for the evolution of best practices
- Building and mobilizing knowledge building communities of practice to address large global challenges
- Creating the capacity for organizations to manage change and build innovation into their work flow processes.